Vendor Applications will be accepted beginning January 15, 2019. RETURNING VENDORS have until May 1, 2018 to reclaim their previous year space. On August 1, 2019 NEW VENDORS will be given space.
Artists ~ Please note ~ This is a show for ORIGINAL HANDMADE items only. (No imported products, no home based business/franchises, no product blanks will be accepted. The artists must be present at show.) 100% of the items in your booth MUST be made by you/altered by you/created by you. If you contract with a printing company to produce your original designs, designs must be clearly marked with your signature/logo to identify them as your own. If at any time during the show, your booth is found to have items not meeting the requirements as outlined in the contract, you will be asked to remove those items for the remainder of the show and will forfeit your return invitation. Thank you for understanding this policy.
Entries are juried to allow for high quality crafts along with a large variety of mediums available. No vendor is guaranteed a space based on the timeliness of their application. In order to maintain the excellent reputation of the show, we will limited the number of vendors in a category.
Matthews UMC is located in Matthews, NC, a suburb of Charlotte, but Matthews has its own unique style and identity. The town of Matthews is known for its support for artists. The Arts & Crafts Extravaganza is in its fourteenth year. We are proud of our unique support of the Matthews’ Community through donation of the sale proceeds. As a vendor you can expect support from the 4,000 church members. We estimate that approximately 2,000 adults come to the show each year.
NOTE: Our fee structure has changed some this year, but you no longer have to provide a silent auction item. This will allow us to add more vendors to our show.
NOTE: THE VENDOR MAP will be updated on a monthly basis (the first one will appear on approximately May 1st) for you to see where you have been placed. The map is NOT FINAL until November 1, 2019. IT WILL CHANGE. This map is provided for vendors to use to plan for the sale. There are a lot of unseen elements that go into planning. A booth that is empty may already be claimed, but we are waiting for additional information. Additionally, spaces are assigned in a way that allows for a diverse show.
Guidelines ~ With the completed Vendor Agreement, Vendors agree to the following guidelines:
- Registration fee must be paid with registration. There will be no refunds of registration fees after 8/1/19, for any reason.
- We are a 100% handmade show. Vendors must create all items sold in their booth and be present at the show. Items purchased for resale and labeled “handmade” are NOT accepted. No “blanks.” No buy and sell allowed. No imports allowed. If you use an outside production company with your original design, the design must be clearly labeled with the vendor’s name. Items not listed on your application cannot be sold without prior approval. The ACE Committee reserves the right to ask you to remove any items, at any point in the sale, that do not meet our guidelines.
- Vendor set-up will be 4:00 – 8:00 p.m. on Friday, November 22, 2019 and 7 – 8:30 a.m. on Saturday, November 23, 2019. ALL VENDORS MUST ARRIVE BY 8:00 a.m. ON SATURDAY or you will forfeit your booth.
- Park in the large lot to the right of the church and follow the signs to the gym front entrance. A host will be at the doors to guide you to your assigned space. Volunteers from the Boy Scouts will be available to help you unload your vehicle.
- Please move your vehicle to the back of the parking lot by 8:45 on Saturday morning.
- Show hours are 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Vendors may NOT break down before 3:00 p.m.
- Only 2 vendors may share a booth. Both names and email addresses should be included on application.
- Internet and cell phone access is available (but limited) for credit card processing.
- Items displayed must be within your reserved space and no items may be displayed on the floor outside your booth due to safety precautions.
- No tacking, nailing, or tape on the walls or floors.
- No generators are allowed.
- Extra lighting is allowed and suggested. Bring your own spotlight or clip-on light and extension cords. Please indicate electricity needed on the registration form. Electric is limited to the 1st 20 requests.
- Since this is a church sponsored event, you will be asked to remove any inappropriate items.
- Lunch items will be available for purchase. Coffee is complimentary to the vendors.
- Directions to MUMC are available at MatthewsUMC.org
- Vendors are responsible for collecting and paying sales tax. Contact 704.519.3000 ext. for tax info.
- Proceeds from registration fees, the bake sale, food sales, and the silent auction go to missions.
- The ACE Committee and Matthews United Methodist Church are not responsible or liable for damages, injury, or loss to any persons or goods from any cause whatsoever. The fore-mentioned cannot be held responsible for any claims of damage, injury or loss arising out of or in connection with the use of space during the ACE.